The Asian American Advocacy Fund (AAAF), based in Norcross, Georgia, has an immediate opening for the position of Data & Research Intern.
The Asian American Advocacy Fund is a grassroots 501(c)4 social welfare organization dedicated to building a politically conscious, engaged, and progressive Asian American base in Georgia. The Asian American Advocacy Fund’s mission is to advocate for the civil and human rights of Asian Americans, Pacific Islanders, and Native Hawaiians in Georgia.
About the Opportunity
The AAAF seeks a remote Data & Research Intern to conduct research on Georgia legislative districts, counties, and municipalities, and translate the data into visuals. In addition, the Data & Research Intern will compile quantitative data to help develop materials for AAAF’s advocacy efforts.
This position is a temporary three-month summer internship that will run from the end of May through the end of August. If applicable, the AAAF is willing to work with candidates eligible to receive academic credits through the completion of this internship.
Number of Vacancies
Mode of Internship
This position is remote but has the option to work in our office in Norcross, GA if the candidate is based locally.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Intern
Research and Analysis:
- Pulling voter file data and organizing it into spreadsheets to determine demographics and social-political trends of Georgia legislative districts, counties, and municipalities
- Conducting research on key districts and geographic regions to further inform demographic, social, and political trends
- Translating data and research into visuals (such as maps) that can be presented across teams and used to inform campaign & political strategy
- Assisting with additional research on policy campaigns as needed
- The ideal candidate for this position is comfortable working with large datasets and has experience conducting research on demographic, social, and political trends, along with an understanding of how to showcase impact using data.
- Must have a strong interest in politics, public policy, or campaigns, as well as a general alignment with the mission and vision of the AAAF.
- Should be detail-oriented, organized, and comfortable working with spreadsheets.
- The candidate should have a strong interest in data-driven decision-making in the political space.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other teams.
- Understanding of data analysis, trends, and showcasing impact using data
- Ability to work independently and manage moving pieces
- General alignment with goals & values of AAAF
- Experience working with data on Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, or other databases
$2,000/month stipend for approximately 20 hrs/ week
How to Apply?
To apply for this position, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In lieu of a cover letter, please answer these three questions in the body of your email:
- What is your interest in politics, government, or public policy?
- How do you think data should inform policy-making and policy advocacy?
- What is one issue that you’re most passionate about, and why?
May 12, 2023
Click here to view the job announcement
For More Such Opportunities, Join Team Attorneylex’s WhatsApp group to get notified immediately. Also, check us out on Instagram and Twitter