The RGNUL Student Research Review is inviting submissions on the theme “Emerging Trends in Indian Approach to Trade and Investment Treaties and Agreements.”
The RGNUL Student Research Review (RSRR) Journal is a bi-annual, student-run, blind peer-reviewed, flagship journal based at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab. It was founded with the objective of facilitating arguments in black and white.
About the Call for Blogs
The Editorial Board invites submissions from academicians, practitioners, legal luminaries, and students on the theme “Emerging Trends in Indian Approach to Trade & Investment Treaties & Agreements.” This blog series aims to foster a discussion on the issues plaguing the trade and investment law sector.
The series is an attempt to critically analyse the legal vacuum with respect to significant developments in this sector and suggest viable solutions to bolster the intersection of law with trade and investment.
Submissions are welcomed from legal practitioners, academicians, students, and members of the legal fraternity.
RSRR invites submissions on the following sub-themes:
1. Regional Trade Policy: Need for Revamp?
2.Joint Statement Initiative: Dawn of a New Era of Trade
3. Russia-Ukraine Crisis and Its Impact on Global Economy
4. E-Commerce & Trade
5. Navigating National Security and Trade Law
6. Free Trade Agreements: Negotiating a Better Future?
7. Food Security and Trade Law: Securing Stability
8. China & the Global Economy: The Pivotal Role of Chinese Trade
9. Challenges to Self-Reliant Trade Policy in India: Make in India & Vocal for Local
10. Policy to Counter India’s Rising Trade Deficit
11. The New Challenges and Opportunities in Bilateral Investment Treaties for India
12. The Impact of ICSID Rules 2022 on International Investment and Trade
13. Conceptualizing the Right to Development in the Current International Investment Law Framework
Kindly note that these sub-themes are merely illustrative. Submissions need not be restricted to the above-mentioned list as long as they fall within the ambit of the main theme.
- Entries selected, after the Peer Review process by CTIL, shall be published on the RSRR website.
- The manuscripts which are selected by the Board shall be replied to within 21 days of the submission.
- E-certificates from RSRR and CTIL will be awarded to the authors of each published blog. CTIL will provide internship opportunities to the winning entry. Co-authorship up to a maximum of two persons is permitted.
- The author(s) bear sole responsibility for the accuracy of facts, opinions or views stated in the submitted Manuscript.
- Plagiarism in any form is strictly prohibited. RSRR follows the University Grants Commission (Promotion of Academic Integrity and Prevention of Plagiarism in Higher Educational Institutions) Regulations, 2018.
- Copyright of all blog posts published on the RSRR website shall remain with RGNUL Student Research Review.
- All moral rights shall vest with the author(s).
- The manuscripts not abiding to the above guidelines are subject to rejection.
1. All submissions must be in Garamond, font size 12, spacing
– Manuscripts must include hyperlinks for relevant legal sources and other information, including any laws, treaties or other legal texts which are mentioned.
-The hyperlinks must only link to legal or reliable/respected news sources.
-The sources shall only be linked to primary sources. Hyper-linking to secondary sources may lead to re-corrections required from the authors.
– Only relevant legal sources that cannot be accessed online may be cited through endnotes. The endnotes should be in Garamond, font size 10, single-spaced. The authors can use any uniform style of citation. In order to help with the review process please use endnotes only if absolutely unavoidable.
3. Margins: Left 1 Inch, Right 1 Inch, Top 1 Inch, and Bottom 1 Inch.
4. Word limit for each post is 1500-1800 words (exclusive of endnotes). Articles exceeding the word limit shall be accepted subject to the discretion of the Board. If accepted, they shall be published in two parts.
5. Authors are required to provide an abstract of 100-150 words along with keywords that represent the essence of the submission. The abstract is to be submitted along with the article itself in the same document as the blog submission.
6. The entries should be submitted only in .doc/.docx format.
How to Submit?
All the submissions are to be made via the Google form attached below. Any submission made via any other mode than the one suggested shall not be considered.
The submission deadline for sending the submissions is March 25, 2023.
The author of the best entry would be rewarded with an internship opportunity by CTIL (with INR 10,000/-stipend).
In case of any query, kindly drop a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to view the official notification
For More Such Opportunities, Join Team Attorneylex’s WhatsApp group to get notified immediately. Also, check us out on Instagram and Twitter