CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Pune Lavasa Campus, is inviting participants for THEMIS 2023, the third edition of the National Moot Court Competition, organised from March 17, 2023, to March 19, 2023.
About THEMIS 2023
The first edition of THEMIS was a memorial-based competition, which was conducted virtually in the year 2020, with participation from teams representing the spirit of teamwork by engaging in various stages of the competition, testing different sets of skills required in the profession.
The first edition of THEMIS was won by the Indian Law Society’s Law College, Pune, with Dr B.R. Ambedkar College of Law, Visakhapatnam being the Runner Up.
The second edition of THEMIS also was a huge success. It was conducted virtually in 2022 and was concluded with Army Law College, Mohali being the winner and the Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU), being the runners-up.
The final round for the THEMIS Moot Court Competition, 2021 was judged by Mr Janggoulen Haokip, the chief Justice Magistrate of Churachandpur, and Mr Yuvraj K Singh, an Associate Partner in Desai and Dewanji.
The third edition of THEMIS aims at continuing the benchmark set up by the wholesome participation seen in the previous edition of the competition while improving the experience of the participants by inviting them to present their mooting skills in front of the judges.
- Participation is strictly restricted to bona fide law students pursuing the three years or five years LL.B. degree course in any recognised institution in India;
- Students pursuing their LL.M. and Diploma courses are not eligible for participation;
- Only one team shall be allowed to represent each participating institution;
- Each participating team should have three participating members. In a team, two members shall be designated as ‘Speakers’ and the third member shall be designated as ‘Researcher’.
The registration process for the THEMIS National Moot Court Competition is as follows:
Provisional Registration: The provisional registration for the moot shall open in the third week of January 2023. A total of 32 slots are available for the moot, meaning thereby that the registration for the moot shall take place on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Provisional Registration may be done by sending an official confirmation of the registering team from the official email address of the moot court society of the registering institution. Provisional registration received after 10th February 2023 may not be considered.
Confirmation of Registration of the teams will be duly communicated. Upon receiving the acknowledgment of the provisional registration, participants are requested to complete the payment
process and fill the final registration form.
Final Registration: Please note that Final Registration would be confirmed after the confirmation of provisional registration of the registering team. Final registration shall require a Letter of Authorization signed by the Head of the Institution/Head of the Moot Court Committee/Society/Association.
The registration fees for the THEMIS National Moot Court Competition is INR 4,500/- (early bird registration) INR 5,000/- (registration after 5th February). The registration fee is inclusive of accommodation charges. The duly filled Travel Form is to be submitted by the teams on or before
February 25, 2023.
Prizes for the Winners:
- Winners: Rs. 1,00,000/-
- Runner-Up: Rs. 70,000/-
- Best Researcher: Rs. 25,000/-
- Best Speaker: Rs. 25,000/-
- Best Memorial: Rs. 25,000/-
- Release of Moot Problem: January 23, 2023
- The Last Date for Registration: February 15, 2020
- Last Date for Clarifications: February 19, 2023
- Last date for Memo submission (soft copy): February 28, 2023
- Last date for Memo Submission (hard Copy): March 06, 2023
- Draw of lots and Researcher’s Test: March 17, 2023
- Preliminary Oral Rounds: March 17, 2023
- Octa-Final/Quarter-final/ Semi-final Oral Rounds: March 17, 2023
- Finals and Valedictory Ceremony March 19, 2023
Rules and Regulations
The rules and regulations of the competition are attached along with the brochure. The important links for the competition are as follows:
The following are the contact details, for any clarifications which the teams might wish to seek:
- Ms. Jaya (Student Convenor) – +91 78376 00444 ; (email)
- Ms. Sayyeda Fatema (Head of PR) – +91 94707 19995 ; (email)
- Mr. Rahul Chatwal (Head of Hospitality) – +91 97192 28545 ; (email)
- Mr. Raghav Agarwal (Head of Accommodation) – +91 98368 51401 ; (email)
For More Such Opportunities, Join Team Attorneylex’s WhatsApp group to get notified immediately. Also, check us out on Instagram and Twitter
2 thoughts on “THEMIS 2023: 3rd Edition to the National Moot Court Competition by CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Pune Lavasa Campus [Prizes worth 3L]: Register by Feb 15”