Animal Law Centre (ALC), NALSAR, Hyderabad is inviting applications for the post of Research Associate on a contractual basis.
About HSI/India, ALC’s Knowledge Partner
Humane Society International and its partner organisations together constitute the world’s largest force for animal protection. They work lawfully and professionally, building relationships with government authorities and elected officials, business leaders and other decision-makers to identify and implement workable solutions to animal welfare concerns.
Humane Society International/India (HSI/India) is the Indian chapter of Humane Society International. HSI has been operating in India for 12 years. The organization was formally incorporated as an Indian NGO in 2012.
The core goals of the organization are eradicating rabies through humane street dog population management, capacity building for Indian animal welfare organisations, strengthening farm animal and wildlife protections and ending animal testing.
About the Position
NALSAR, Hyderabad is inviting applications for the post of Research Associate.
No. of Positions
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify, develop, draft and publish research projects on issues relating to animal welfare, particularly farmed animal welfare.
- Identify senior lawyers and academicians to co-author white papers.
Act as a spokesperson for the Animal Law Centre and represent the Centre in technical meetings, conferences and other forums.
- Create handbooks and other documents for disseminating information on Animal Law and Policy.
- Lead a team of legal research and social media interns to create and develop content for the Centre, when necessary.
- Create curriculums and assist in conducting vivas and evaluations in distance education courses.
- Take a lead on identifying funding opportunities for research and collaboration in various areas of Animal Protection and apply for the same.
- Serve as Coordinator for the Master’s and Advanced Diploma programmes, in terms of identifying faculty, creating reading material and assisting potential faculty in identifying session topics.
- Take Office Hours for Masters and Advanced Diploma students, to help guide them with their research submissions for course deliverables.
- Serve as faculty for the courses or seminars run by Animal Law Center or upon invitation of any other educational institution.
- Assist in conducting training and workshops on Animal welfare issues.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with institutions and universities in allied sectors, and draft policies for such collaborations.
- Help in the design, planning and execution of capacity-building workshops for enforcement officials, judiciary and other government agencies.
- Any other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time by the Faculty Coordinator of the Animal Law Centre.
- Graduate in law preferred or an equivalent degree with in-depth subject matter knowledge.
- Superior legal research and writing skills.
- Candidates with knowledge and experience in marketing (social media and print)and/or graphic designing will be preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in legal research and drafting.
- Enjoys working on complex research topics, and is willing to go the extra mile to gather information.
- Fluency in English both oral and written is a requirement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
- Ability to communicate complex subject matter to a variety of audiences.
- Outgoing and personable manner.
- Ability to work under pressure as part of a team or independently.
- Organized and able to stick to timelines.
- Willingness to travel as needed within India, and occasionally internationally.
How to Apply?
- Candidates should submit the application form which is available at the end of this post.
- Duly filled Application form along with all the enclosures should be emailed to alc[at]nalsar.ac.in
September 28, 2022
In case of any queries, please contact alc[at]nalsar.ac.in